SCJH Weekly eBlast
Important Upcoming Dates:
· Wednesday March 20th - School Talent Show
· Thursday March 21st - PTSO General Meeting @ 6:30 (please note the there was mistake on the progress reports, March 21st is the correct date for the PTSO General Meeting)
· Friday March 22nd - End of 3rd Nine Weeks
· Monday March 25th through Monday April 1st- No school for Spring Break. Students return on Tuesday April 2nd
· Monday April 8th - Report Cards Go Home
· Tuesday April 9th - @ 6:30pm - an Open House for New Students
· Monday April 15th - Friday April 26th – FCATS (the first week is for exams, the second week is for make-up exams)
· Friday April 26th - Early Release for Students
Nomination Committee Members and Board Members Needed
We are currently in need of members to fill our Nomination Committee as well as parents that are willing to serve on the PTSO Board next year. The Nomination Committee works with Dr. McAdams to help find volunteers to fill the board positions. It would be tremendously helpful if we had a list volunteers that were already willing to serve on the board next year. Please e-mail me back firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in either area. We have several positions open on the PTSO Board and I can honestly say it is a very fulfilling job and lot of fun to be on the PTSO Board! I have really enjoyed all of my years ofservice on the PTSO Board. I hope that you will consider it because the PTSO is so vital to our school and to our students.
****From the Office********:
· If you have a sibling that will be an in-coming 6th grader for the 2013-2014 school year, please make sure that you have an application on file for your student. The office cannot give preferred placement if they do not know you have a new child coming to the school. Give the school a call 388-8838 if you are unsure if there is an application on file.
· To all 6th grade parents - students will need to get immunizations in order to start 7th grade. Now could be a good time to beat the end of school/summer rush. Please be sure to supply Director Taylor with a copy of your child's immunizations record as soon as you get it. Thank you!
· The school is in need of tissues and Clorox/Lysol wipes. It would be greatly appreciated if you could help by sending some in.
· The school will be holding an open house on April 9th at 6:30 for new students. We will have openings in all grades next school year because of the new building. Please spread the word to your friends and neighbors.
· The school is in need of volunteers to help with Relay for Life which is being held on April 12th and 13th. If you are interested in helping, please e-mail Director Taylor email@example.com or call her at 388-8838. Thank you!
8th Grade Families Interested in Indian River Charter High School:
For those interested, new student orientations for Indian River Charter High School are being held on, March 21st and April 18th. Currently the IRCHS website has listed that the March21st meeting will be at 5:30 in the new IRCHS Courtyard (or the Charter Dome as it is being referred to by the IRCHS Students). If you have interest in your student attending IRCHS you and your student will need to attend an orientation so that you can get an enrollment packet. If you have any questions you can call Indian River Charter High at (772)567-6600 and their website ishttp://www.irchs.org
Doodle 4 Google:
Google is having their 6th annual Doodle 4 Google contest. The theme this year is "My Best Day Ever...." The contest is open to k-12 students in the US. The winners will receive a $30,000 scholarship and a $50,000 technology grant for his or her school. Entries must be a received by March 22,2013. Have your student see Ms. Durand for more details.
Yearbooks are on sale:
Yearbooks are going fast. The price is now $40. Eight graders-get yours now before they are all gone.
The School's Vocab Wall:
Please ask your students about the Vocab Wall and see if they are participating to earn prizes. Did you know that your student could earn a pizza party prize, dress down passes and other cool things? Ask them to tell you about it. ☺
Enjoy your week! J
PTSO Co-President and faithful PTSO Newshound J
This e-mail is being sent as a courtesy. If you have questions, or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to be removed from this list, or have received it in error, please e-mail email@example.com and I will remove you.